RECOMMENDATIONS AFTER PLACEMENT OF A TEMPORARY CROWN OR BRIDGE
- Temporary crowns or bridges are used during the waiting period for the final restoration.
- They may differ in colour from the final crown or bridge.
- Sensitivity to hot, cold, or sweets may occur – these issues will disappear once the final crown or bridge is placed.
- The temporary crown is essential! Without it, teeth can shift, making the properly made crown or bridge unfit.
- Gentle brushing and flossing around the temporary crown or bridge are advised.
- Do not eat for 1 hour after placement of the temporary crown or bridge.
- Avoid sweets, chewing gum, and other foods that might stick to or dislodge the crown.
- The temporary crown or bridge should only be used for the period specified by the dentist. Temporary restorations cannot provide full sealing and durability.
WHEN THE TEMPORARY RECONSTRUCTION BREAKS OR FALLS?
- If the temporary restoration breaks or falls off, contact ODONTO Clinic, schedule an appointment, and bring the temporary crown or bridge (even if in pieces). It will be reseated or replaced.
Mon-Fri: 10: 00-20: 00